Washington City Church of the Brethren is seeking to fill the position of Building and Office Manager. Open until filled.
Building and Office Manager
AT WASHINGTON CITY CHURCH OF THE BRETHREN
“Seeking justice, wholeness, and community through the Gospel of Jesus”
337 N. Carolina Ave, SE
Washington, DC 20002
PURPOSE: To create a welcoming environment and to meet the maintenance and scheduling needs of the church building and grounds. The position serves as the primary administrative assistant to the Ministry Team and the Administrative Council for handling the administrative needs of the congregation. This position includes the day-to-day clerical work, organization of the church, and assistance in financial duties as directed. This is a part-time position with some benefits.
Part-time: 20 hours a week.
- Serves as the principal point of contact with Washington City Church of the Brethren staff for all building management and administrative matters.
- Represents the church in overseeing building use requests and communication with renters
- Professionally represents the church online and via phone.
- Prepares and prints of Sunday worship materials.
- Arranges with contractors for building and maintenance projects.
- Supports cleaning staff in regular cleaning and basic maintenance and repairs as needed.
ABILITIES, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE:
This position requires a friendly self-starter who works well with others and with little supervision. This position also requires the ability to:
- Organize and maintain organizational files, documents, and proposals (paper and digital)
- Conduct basic research online and be comfortable using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Facebook
- Communicate effectively in writing and speech, both in person and by phone
- Work well with a variety of people
- Prioritize workload and function under deadlines
- Maintain the confidentiality of personal and sensitive information
- Learn basic social marketing tools and website maintenance (Mailchimp emails, WordPress blog)
Washington City Church of the Brethren is a congregation committed to simple living and the responsible use of resources. The congregation also values service, hospitality and diversity. Staff is encouraged to reflect these values through their work.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter detailing their skills and qualifications to email@example.com
Washington City Church of the Brethren is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual identity, physical or mental disability, or age.